When children first arrive at the Emergency Crisis Center at Neve Michael, it is usually with nothing but the clothes on their backs. At Neve Michael we service all our children’s needs, from professional services down to the bare necessities.
Something as simple as providing the proper clothing for a child, boosts their morale, showing them that there are caring adults who are sensitive to their needs. This basic service remains a top priority as these children become fully integrated in our Children’s Home.
We furnish these children with everyday clothes, clothes for Shabbat and special occasions, including holidays and Bar/Bat-Mitzvahs. And because these children are with us for a long time, we need to take care of their needs as they grow. Shoes are in constant need and must be regularly replenished. Shirts, blouses, trousers, skirts and dresses are needed as well. Warm winter clothes are urgently needed on a seasonal basis.
While some clothes are handed down from the older children to the younger ones, all children deserve to receive a periodic, fresh replenishment of brand new clothing.
Like many of the other programs, we receive little government funding in this most essential area. And like other programs we have to rely on the kindness of our donors.
Welcome Package with Clothes and Personal items: $1,000 per child
From clothing to blankets, from a simple picture on the wall to eyeglasses for a child. All these items are needed and are small ways in which you can help.
- A school bag with accessories for a child – $72
- Pictures, curtains and decorations for children’s bedrooms – $100
- Cost of one-day activity during summer of holiday vacations per child
in Emergency Crisis Center – $100
- Tutoring for 1 child for one month – $120
- Therapy /psychological treatment for one child for one month – $200
- Holiday/Shabbat clothing per child – $360
- School books and equipment for one child for one year – $360
- Blankets, mattress and linens per child – $500
- School uniform, shoes and eyeglasses for one child – $500
- Psychological or didactic evaluation in order to help the professional staff at Neve Michael identify the child’s needs to formulate his/ her Individual Treatment Program – $720
- Clothing, bedding, toiletries for a child for a year – $1,000
- Cost of day care center activities for one child for a year – $4,500
- Therapies for Girls at Teenage Girls’ Crisis Center – $25,000