A Bar or Bat Mitzvah is the threshold to adulthood, or for these children, a new beginning. It is the time when a child is entering into young adulthood, and in the case of many of the children at Neve Michael, a time where they are on the road to recovery.
We hope that the Mitzvah celebration is viewed by these children as a time where they can begin to look forward to a brighter future, both as young men and women and as responsible Jews living in the land of Israel.
The program consists of:
- Weekly lectures and workshops about “What it means to be a Bar/Bat Mitzvah”
- Monthly trips throughout Israel
- Purchasing of tefilin for our Bar Mitzvah boys and candlesticks for our Bat Mitzvah girls
- Purchasing of clothes for our Bar/Bat Mitzvah children
- Assistance in covering the costs of the end of the year Bar/Bat Mitzvah party in Neve Michael
Neve Michael does not receive assistance from the government for this event. We rely on the kindness of our supporters to give each deserving child this rite of passage.
You and your family can join our children in Neve Michael in marking this special event. How do you do it? You have three options.
1. You can celebrate your child’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah celebration in Neve Michael Children’s Village in Pardes Hanna, Israel.
You send us your child’s name, photo and details and we send you a boy/girl with whom you immediately start to correspond. You send us your date of arrival and we plan a wonderful celebration for you and your guests. From our experience, this is something that will remain forever in your memories.
2. Celebrating your child’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah in your home town.
You send us your child’s name, photo and details and we send you a boy/girl with whom you immediately start to correspond. Many families choose to donate a portion of gifts received to our children in Neve Michael. Whatever you choose to do – you will make a difference in the lives of our children.
3. We would also appreciate it if you would like to participate in the following way:
Mitzvah Program: $1,800 per child
Provides a Bar/Bat Mitzvah experience for 1 child that includes purchasing of tefilin for our Bar Mitzvah boys, candlesticks for our Bat Mitzvah girls, purchasing of clothes for our B’nei Mitzvah
10 trips, lectures, presents, and assistance in covering the costs of the Bar/Bat Mitzvah party in Neve Michael.
Encourage your Synagogue/Temple to become part of this rich experience and sponsor a child’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah, or see our “Sponsor a Child Program.”